- Version: Snow Owl v2.6
- Start date: 22 April 2013
- End date: 31 May 2013
- Code name / adopted animal: Gól, a Clown fish at the Budapest Zoo
Creating a new LOINC code
To create a new LOINC code, go to the LOINC navigator, right click the parent, and select Add new child concept.
This will open the new code in the editor.
- The information in the editor is copied from the parent code. This way, only differing information has to be entered.
- Entering information (e.g. Component, Property) in the table will update the Fully Specified Name, which is a read-only text field.
- A unique LOINC number (extension numbers start with an X) is created for the new code. The “date of change” is set to the current date, andchange type is set to add. LOINC number, date and change type can’t be edited.
Once you are done editing, save your changes. The new LOINC code is now visible in the LOINC navigator and can also be found in searches.
LOINC code validation
The code validation prevents you from authoring invalid codes, because errors have to be fixed before saving. If you enter an invalid value in the the Ranking section, you will see a small error icon. Click on the icon to get more information about the problem.
Editing an existing LOINC code
To change an existing LOINC code,
- Open the code in the editor.
- Enter modifications in the text field. You can delete, overwrite or add text. LOINC number, Date of last change, and Change type can’t be edited.
- To change the Fully Specified Name, enter modifications in the table below the text field.
- Save and enter a comment to commit the modifications.
- The modified code is now displayed in the LOINC view.
Note: Only LOINC codes that are part of the extension can be edited.
Deleting a LOINC code
You can delete an LOINC code by right-clicking the code in the LOINC navigator and selecting Delete concept. When deleting a code all subtypes will also be deleted. To avoid mistakes, you will be presented with a deletion plan. Click Finish to confirm the deletion. The deleted code will be no longer displayed in the LOINC view.
Changes within LOINC can be reviewed on the context page of the task editor. Chose the LOINC tab, and click on an item in the tree to display detailed information about the changes in the table. In the screenshot below, you can see that a LOINC code was added.
Changes within ATC can be reviewed on the context page of the task editor. Chose the ATC tab, and click on an item in the tree to display detailed information in the table. In the screenshot below, you can see that a concept was added, and another one deleted.
The Apache’s DS LDAP server is not bundled with Snow Owl anymore. Installation and configuration instructions can be found in the System Admin Guide.